Monday, July 26, 2010

Blanco State Park

While Kevin and I were in Missouri we purchased my very own hot pink fishing pole. That's right, I got a hot pink fishing pole! I'm not into pink guns, but when it comes to fishing poles I can't think of a better color. We got the fishing pole in Missouri just in case we decided to fish while we were at Table Rock Lake, but that really didn't happen, so today we put it into use.

Kevin and I took an adventure to Blanco State Park this morning to go fishing. As most of you know, I am not too much of an outdoors person, and in my 25 years I have caught only one fish (and that was three years ago). Well that record is now officially broken. Today I caught a total of 8 Perch. You heard it right, I caught 8 tiny fish!

Check out the fish and the hot pink pole...


Tiny baby fish...


Best fishing teacher ever...


Kevin was a very good teacher and was very patient considering I don't bait my own hook, can't take my fish off of my hook, lost several worms to hungry fish, and got my line tangled up just a few times.... but, I caught 8 fish! Kevin has now decided that if he can teach me to fish that when we have kids he will have no problem teaching them, but in order to have a good relaxing fishing trip sometimes it's best to leave amateurs behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment