Monday, April 26, 2010

Trip to the Lake

It is starting to feel even more like summer. On Sunday, Kevin and I meet up with my parents at one of their friend's lake house. It was such a beautiful day and so relaxing. I wish we could have stayed longer, but I keep telling myself only four more weeks, four more weeks! We had so much fun and it was nice to have some family time. Even though we live in the same city as my parents we really don't see them that much, or if we do see them it is always for a short period of time so it was nice to spend the day with them.

We started our afternoon by doing a little fishing. Kevin was able to try out his new light weight pole and let me tell you, it was a lucky pole. Right when Kevin cast his line he immediately caught a fish. On the other hand, I didn't have that kind of luck. I had a few bites and that was the end of that.

Kevin and his first fish...


Me pretending to catch a fish...




After throwing out a few lines, we had a big lunch. My dad grilled and my mom made all of the extras.



Our afternoon continued with more fishing. Kevin was still on a roll and my luck officially ran out so I decided to enjoy the sun by getting sunburned and painting my toes. As my dad read, my mom joined in on the fishing. My mom has talked about fishing when she was younger, but I have never seen my mom in this kind of element. She baited her own hook a few times and could really cast a line. Kevin's luck rubbed off on my mom and she caught lots of fish, even the biggest one!









The day ended with a total of 14 fish caught; 13 Perch and 1 Bass.




It was a happy day for the hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment