Saturday, May 1, 2010

Out With The Old, In With The New...

Filing your taxes is never fun, but it is always fun when Uncle Sam gives you a nice tax return! Kevin and I were very excited to find out that we would be getting a pretty large amount of money back and we have been debating what we should do with it... option A: put it in savings or option B: buy a new computer. Well we went with option B!

Yes, placing it in savings would be great for our Hawaii fund, buying a house, new car, and the list goes on, however; we have really been wanting/needing a new computer. Kevin and I both still have our computers from college, but they are up there in age. For some reason, my computer just stopped working during the summer and with it being 7 years old we decided it wasn't really worth the money to try to fix it. Kevin's computer that is 8 years old is very, very, very slow which becomes very, very, very frustrating. I have a Macbook that my school district issued me, but I am trying to make that more a "work" computer. So with our computers not working to their fullest potential, we made the decision that it would be an appropriate time to purchase a new computer. We ended up getting a HP TouchSmart computer and we love it!

Goodbye old computers...




Hello new computer...




And now our list continues and one day we will get a new computer desk.

1 comment: