Sunday, January 16, 2011

Latest Painting Project...

One of my cute little green lawn chairs for my classroom library broke this school year. Somehow a screw broke in half that connected the seat of the chair to the leg making if unfixable. Well, this time of the year lawn chairs are not being sold and granted that I got these chairs three years ago, I am not going to find a matching chair. So now the hunt was on to find new chairs!

Mom suggested that I should find some cheap old chairs and paint them. I had done this for my teaching chair and it was a fun project that turned out really cute. My teaching chair...



I took my mom's suggestion and she found some little red chairs with a cute shape to them. We got them sprayed white and then the fun part began. I painted them similar to my teaching chair and since these chairs are made out of wood they should have a long life in my classroom!

Before...


After...






In the classroom library...




My class loves that they now have chairs that look like mine! I had a lot of fun painting them and I am thinking about making this into a little side business... painting kids furniture. So if you have any old pieces of children's furniture I would love to take it off of your hands or if you have a project for me let me know and lets get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment