Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Time in Arlington



Christmas came early in Arlington! We made our visit before the 25th and when we arrived we started our first round of gift giving. Larry and Debbie, Kevin's uncle and aunt from Houston where there! It is hard to believe that we have not seen them since our wedding so as you can imagine it was nice to be able to visit with them.



While we were in the DFW area, a search for cowboy boots began. That's right... cowboy boots! For Christmas this year, Kevin and I decided that we would give each other cowboy boots. Kevin has always been a boot guy and when I started dating Kevin back in the day, my mom insisted that I needed to get a pair of boots. I have always postponed this notion, but I guess I have now finally warmed up to this idea of getting boots. We went all over looking for boots... Justin's Boot Outlet, Sheplers, and Cavendars. Surprise, surprise, I ended up finding a pair of boots, but Kevin had no luck so the search still continues for him.

Here are my new boots...




One of my favorite parts of Christmas are all of the lights. I absolutely love Christmas lights! I just think they are so pretty and I love the way they look. In one part of Arlington, a neighborhood called Interlochen puts on a light display. The light display in Interlochen has been put on for nearly 25 years and more than 200 homeowners participate. It is amazing how many lights the homeowners put up. The roofs, bushes, trees, and yards are outlined in lights and each house looks so different. Just imagine what it would look like if every house in your neighborhood put up Christmas lights! I told Kevin that I would love to live in that neighborhood! Viewing the Interlochen light display is quite a production. The police are out to help direct traffic and you sit in a long line of cars to see all of the houses. We even saw a few limos in the line. After a couple hours in the car listening to Christmas music with the whole family we finished the tour. If you are ever in the area during December, the Interlochen light display is a MUST see!





After seeing all the Christmas lights, we had Christmas with the Heinze families.






And a Merry Merry Christmas to you!

1 comment:

  1. Love the cowboy boots!! Maybe we can go to the rodeo together and wear both of ours out! :)

    ReplyDelete