Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Our 4th of July weekend began by making a short trip up to Austin to celebrate my cousin, Karl's 30th birthday. You can never be too old for a pool party!






The next evening we had a BBQ at the Purnell's house. Macy May was even invited to have a play date! I would have to say the high-lite of the evening was when we were eating in the dinning room. Plates had been cleared, everyone was talking, and then out of the corner of my eye I see something on the table coming at me and then it was on my lower arm. I scream at the top of my lungs, flick what was a baby gecko off of me, and jump out of my chair! Ana then proceeds to scream and jump on top of her chair. Meanwhile everyone is just looking at us and the gecko is now on the floor. No need to fear... Kevin and Adam to the rescue! The boys caught the gecko and put it outside. Between the dog play date, the gecko, and playing a dance game on the Wii we had a very fun and eventful evening.


On the 4th, we spent the day at my parents.


What dad would look like with a toupee...


Macy did not want to be in our family picture...



All fireworks shows had been canceled due to a burn ban so hopefully next year we will be able to see a show. Happy 4th of July and thank you to all service men and women who make HUGE sacrifices in their lives in order to keep our country free.

No comments:

Post a Comment