Saturday, December 15, 2012

Mom Update

This is a long overdue post...... MOM IS CANCER FREE!!!!!  The results are in from scans, blood work, and many doctor visits.  The transplant worked!  Last New Year, I had a post about 10 things to do in 2012 and #2 on the list was to get mom cancer free.  I am so happy to say that we can cross this off the list.  It has been an emotional journey with lots of lows and ending on a really big high.  Mom will still have to be closely monitored by doctors and will be receiving maintenance chemo the rest of her life.

I think in times like this it can either bring a family closer together or push a family apart.  This has been a battle for the whole family and has made our family even closer.  It has completely changed my relationship with God bring me closer to him and I have seen first hand how much the power of prayer can change a life.  Thank you to everyone that has prayed for my family during this difficult time and who have been there to support us.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for crossing this off your list! So happy and excited for your family friend. Love you and miss you all lots! :)

    ReplyDelete