Thursday, December 1, 2011

BOY or GIRL

Is Baby Heinze going to be a boy or a girl?

When we first found out we were pregnant we were so excited. We counted down the days until we went to the doctor and got to see our baby for the first time. As time has gone on, we have been more anxious to find out if we are having a boy or a girl.

My friend, Ana, had told me about a gender reveal party way before we were pregnant and I thought it was such a fun idea. The concept is to find out if you are having a boy or girl at the same time your family and close friends find out. I pitched this idea several times to Kevin and he did not want to have any part in it. As much as I tried to convince him, Kevin would not budge. So to compromise, Kevin and I decided that we would find out together at the doctor's office and then have a gender reveal party for the family.

Baby Heinze at 17 weeks (This will be the last time we get to see Baby Heinze before Baby is born.)...

Now, the long part. We went to the doctor on Monday and our party was on Friday. Five days of keeping a secret and five days of family members trying to find out early. For our party, we only had one requirement... you had to wear blue of pink. Blue if you think Baby Heinze will be a boy or pink if you think Baby Heinze will be a girl.

Our house ready for the big reveal...





Team Blue...


Team Pink...


Mommy and Daddy...


And the big secret being revealed. Baby Heinze is a....

BOY!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! I love the Hershey's bars colored in.
    I can't believe G'ma was on Team Pink! She told me all along that she was sure both you and I were having boys... she must have changed her mind at the last minute :)

    ReplyDelete